Wednesday, April 11, 2012

moving back

Well as of April 7th, 2012 myself and my two teenager's have moved back to my childhood property. We went from a 3 bedroom newer home located in Royal Heights in Joplin, Missouri to a 2 bedroom trailer that was built in the 1960's. The trailer is sitting on my parent's land in Sarcoxie, Missouri. Financially it's been a very difficult year and after much debating and fighting I found that it was the best for me and my children to move back home. I fought with the decision for several months before I admited to myself that it was the only option that I had. I didn't want to move into a trailer, located on my parent's property, in the smallest town ever (I know it's not but it sure feels like it is). I didn't even tell any of my friends I was moving. I did post it on FB but only about a week before we moved. So now instead of having the best neighbor ever, my neighbor is my mother & her BF. My dad passed away in July 2010, but that will be for a different post. The positive's and negative's of the move, financially it is better (the plan is that by September I'll be caught up financially and can move back to Joplin, the kids have internet access (no more going to McDonalds for hours to do homework), it is quiet, I have tree's around me, Nathan has chicken's that he's taking care of, my mother and her BF live within 40 feet of me, I have an hour drive to work each day, Kylie & Nathan have a drive of 20 minutes to school, Joplin Schools allowed the kids to stay going to JHS :),

No comments:

Post a Comment